by Aaron Huckett, Account Director
Tooting has been getting a lot of press this week, after being named one of the 10 coolest places to visit in the world RIGHT NOW by Lonely Planet, so after canvassing the team for the best places to visit, we’ve come up with a top five places to go for any newbies (or regulars!) heading south this Bank Holiday weekend:
- Little Bar – they have taken their name pretty literally, with room for about 20-30 people, but they do some of the best cocktails in town!
- The Castle – one of the best outdoor venues in London, it is lined with cabana-style huts to chill out in this weekend (we hear it will be sunny!). They also do a pretty good pie!
- Apollo Leaf – this place has to been seen to be believed – it may seem a bit cliche when you step through the door. But once you see the prices and sample the food, we guarantee that you will be back! And it’s BYOB – what’s not to love?
- Tooting Market – a strong contender to the hispter Brixton Village, this place comes alive in the evening and has some great eateries for those wanting to grab some food at lunch – our favourite is Unwined which offers regular tastings, an ever-changing roster of guest chefs and a unique selection of bottles available for purchase
- The Antelope – if you love a great garden and kitsch decoration, coupled with a great list of beers, this is the place for you