By Lexi Winsley, Senior Account Manager
The return of Great British Bake Off has been getting a lot of press this week drawing in an average of 5.8 million views in the first episode. We’ve been craving delicious, sweet treats ever since and after much debate, we’ve come up with the top five cake shops in the capital. Check them out and decide who should be London’s Star Baker:
- Dominique Ansel – topping many bakery lists, French chef Dominique’s Belgravia shop sells the world-famous Cronut attracting queues down the street.
- Lily Vanilli – one of the most sought-after bakers in London, Lily’s Columbia Road bakery has a weekly changing seasonal menu of cakes and pastries.
- Meringue Girls – hugely popular on social media, founders Stacey O’Gormon and Alex Hoffler specialise in crisp and light meringue ‘kisses’ that are made with all natural colours and flavours.
- Fondant Fox – each of their cakes are completely unique and designed personally for each customer – Fondant Fox create show stopping designs every time.
- Pierré Herme Paris – we’re slightly biased here as this is our client, creator of the ultimate macaron taste sensation, Monsieur Hermé has been named the World’s Best Pastry Chef and for good reason!