Top Drawer 2017
by Sally Hyam
This week, the team headed over to Olympia London to see what Top Drawer, the UK’s leading retail trade event for creative lifestyle buyers, had to offer. We were not disappointed.
Some fantastic brands were showcasing the latest crafts, products and gifts on the market for the UK. We also spent far too much time in the food emporium. The highlight of the day was a look at the A / W 2017 Trends:
- Raw – this is all based on the natural form. Think precious metals, iridescent pearls and rustic fibres. Not the first time this trend has been around, but we are very happy to see it back!
- Wild Woodlands – the outdoors is coming back inside as autumnal tones start to dominate again with golden touches coupled with natural textures
- Solid Simplicity – think neutral palates matched with grey hues and nude. Fluid shapes and organic influences define the look
- Before Noon – wellness has been the trend of 2017, and this comes into play for this interiors trend as it meets laidback luxe – calming tones and feel good indulges restore contentment
- Tropic Thunder – a contrast to all of the above, this trend is all bold and vibrant colours, patterns and shapes. Abstract comes to life with strong contrasting tones and the hint of the botanical
Keep an eye on our blog over the coming weeks as we share more content from all the upcoming interiors / design shows.